17 November, 2008

Nice break

So the bro in law came to china this week doing some business. It was nice to see some family and get out of town for a bit. He showed me aroudn to some pretty cool stuff in Hong Kong, so I think I am finally warming up to that city. Went to a pretty cool rooftop bar there, overlooking downtown HK which was pretty badass. Got to catch up a little on events back home too which was nice.

Other than that this weekend was pretty uneventful. I made some new chinese friends that are really nice and fun. They work at a bar next to my place, but we go to the beach and hang out sometimes during the day when they're not working. They speak pretty good english I think for being waiters...they want me to teach them and ask me for translations all the time. They're from all over which is kind of cool too, one from sichuan who is going to teach me the sichuan dialect which will be awesome (in exchange for english) (oh and he's a migrator of 16 years old...crazy. he looks older though. the rest of them are my age...but i can't imagine leaving home at 16 and not knowing when you're going back...)

Other than that things are as usual. Going out as usual, having my chinese mafia friends taking me places and getting me free stuff...you know, the average life...haha. oh, apparently there is a volleyball tournament coming up that me and ben are expected to take part in...so that shoudl be interesting/fun. can small chinese people spike the ball? we shall see...

No comments: